Susie Walker is a highly skilled coach, counsellor and trainer with experience across many industries. She has specialised in company-wide, cultural transformation programs, building leadership capability and proactive team development. She has always worked on long-term programs, to ensure impact and sustainability. She has been in private practice coaching and counselling individuals in her methodology for over 38 years.
Susie began her teaching life in the large, open-plan living room of her home in the beautiful, bush hills surrounding the city of Melbourne, Australia. At first, she worked with groups of her coaching and counselling clients, offering intensives on a variety of topics, and then later to broader groups who had heard about her work.
In these early years, Susie focused much of her work on in-depth individual coaching and counselling sessions, offering skills for greater self-awareness, self-management, and personal change; specialising in the areas of depression, fear, grief and trauma. There was a great need in the people she worked with to find peace and relief from the overwhelming life experiences they had endured, but not integrated. It became a passion for her to work deeply with them. She also conducted live-in training intensives on a regular basis to train other trainers, therapists, and coaches in her methodology.
From there, Susie was invited to work in corporate businesses to help individuals and organisations translate their business plans and strategies into practical, everyday activities, that would ensure successful outcomes. What she found when she entered the corporate arena, was the same need to work deeply. In working deeply in long-term programs, organisations, and the individuals within, were able to achieve significant transformative outcomes. Susie has applied this long-term, sustainable methodology wherever she has worked.
To date, Susie has concentrated her work in corporate business on long-term, cultural change projects, empowering executive management groups, team leaders and work teams across whole organisations. Her key focus has been on creating an environment to enable cultural transformation, through leadership development and the acceleration of company-wide mindset shifts to foster open communication, engaged innovation and proactive collaboration as company norms. She facilitates this using a clever combination of one-on-one interactions, leadership intensives, classroom and online training sessions and accelerated change workshops.
Susie offers a unique service to business leaders and organisations who are searching for an innovative, cutting-edge process that will bring tangible and lasting results.
Susie Walker brings to a project
- Extensive experience in cultural change dynamics and the strategic application of cultural change programs
- A commitment to quality and best practice, with a focus on aligning systems, procedures, and processes to suit a transforming business culture
- Exceptional capability in the development of individuals in leadership roles at all levels of an organisation by way of individual profiling and coaching intensives
- Wide-ranging expertise to influence resourceful behavioural change in leadership teams and work groups via cutting-edge communication workshops
- Broad experience in training delivery in a variety of industries, with a reputation for innovation and excellence evidenced by a successful track record
Susie partners with each client, their senior leaders and their organisation, with the aim of achieving a strong, sustainable outcome, rather than a short-term, quick-hit impact. Her commitment is to build meaningful relationships with leaders and from that, to engage deeply through enquiry, listening and understanding to ‘get inside’ the client’s world and the environment they operate within. Susie has worked across a wide variety of industries with leaders, teams and individuals at every level of the organisation. Her approach is comprehensive.
- Susie works specifically on a long-term, slow-release process, which creates the evolution of an organisation and embeds the development and learnings into a sustainable, company-wide culture.
- Beginning with the executive team and working systematically across an entire organisation, team by team, department by department, Susie activates engagement and proactive collaboration and resolves people issues and team dysfunctions as she moves.
- She works to bring a ‘one-team’ mindset and facilitates connection and understanding between the teams and their various functions, company-wide. This produces an organisational focus where consistency, alignment, collaboration and professionalism are norms and employees are proud to be a valued part of the business.
Some of Susie Walker’s Clients have been:
- Novotel Twin Waters, Maroochydore, Qld
- Solaris Power Melbourne
- Australia Post, Melbourne
- Box Hill Institute of TAFE
- RMIT School of Nursing
- The Royal Women’s Hospital
- Westpac Bank, Melbourne
- Price Waterhouse Coopers, Melbourne
- Faulding Pharmaceuticals, Melbourne
- Mayne Pharma, Melbourne
- Sigma Pharmaceuticals, Melbourne
- CSL Bioplasma, Melbourne
- ICI Chemicals & Plastics
- Contexx Pty Ltd, Melbourne
- Contexx Engineering, Melbourne
- Victorian Energy Network Corporation
- Tru-line Engineering, Australia Pty Ltd
- Thomas Hancock & Sons, Melbourne
- Martin Communications, Melbourne
- The Australian Chamber of Manufactures
- Nicholas Dattner & Company
- The Australian Swim Instructors (AIS)
- Genetics Australia
- Rockwell Automation, Melbourne
- Celgene Pty Ltd
- Transit Pak Australia
- Advent Security, Melbourne
- Jordan Center for Pharmaceutical Research, Amman, Jordan
- Dar Al Dawa, Development & Investment Co Ltd, Amman, Jordan
- The Jordanian Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company, Amman, Jordan
- HIKMA Pharmaceuticals Amman, Amman, Jordan